Monday, September 4, 2017
MALAYS NEED TO BE WITH UMNO-BN
Salleh Said Keruak
1. DAP is so desperate to win the 14th General Election, so much so it came up with various political assessments and analysis, including the advantages and disadvantages of Pakatan Harapan (PH) in the event of a three-cornered fight.
2. Now look at my analysis of the DAP's strength. The question is, is DAP strong in a Malay area? Is DAP strong in a mixed area? Is DAP strong in the Chinese dominated area? To answer this, look at the data below.
Year of GE Parliamentary State
1990 20 (57) 45 (87)
1995 9 (50) 11 (103)
1999 10 (47) 11 (89)
2004 12 (44) 15 (106)
2008 28 (47) 73 (102)
2013 38 (51) 93 (103)
* In bracket is the number of seats contested
3. In the 1990s, UMNO split up then. DAP aligned itself with the S46, PAS, Berjasa and Hamim, that DAP failed to win a seat in the mixed areas. DAP only won in the Chinese majority areas.
4. In the 1999 general election, UMNO split up again. This time DAP formed an alliance with PAS and Keadilan, but DAP only won a handful of seats in the Chinese-majority areas.
5. But in the 2008 and 2013 general elections, when the DAP got the support of the Malays as a result of cooperation with PAS and PKR, the DAP seats had increased drastically, winning 28 seats (12.61%) and 38 seats (17.1%) respectively out of 222 parliamentary seats at stake.
6. Now, after PAS is no longer in PR, the DAP is restless. DAP is worried that the party is no longer strong. That is why DAP came up with various propaganda to ensure the Malay voters in PAS remained with DAP in PH.
7. If the Malay voters remain with DAP in the 14th General Election, can DAP take control of this country if it contests only 60 parliamentary seats? Yes if the Malays are disunited? This is because we have a large number of mixed areas, especially in Perak, Johor, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan and Melaka. As DAP leaders say, the change of voting patterns, between 10 to 15% of Malay voters is enough for them to capture Putrajaya.
8. It is possible because DAP uses its partners in PH such as PAN, PKR and PPBM to get the support of the Malays. If the Malays support PH, then there are some mixed areas that the DAP and its coalition parties have the potential to win.
9. Therefore, avoid using emotional politics. Think about the future of our country before being attracted to shifting support to PH. Politics of BN makes charitable, inter-racial tolerance, and has proven and succeeded in developing the country. We all have the responsibility for the country.